Friday 23 January 2015

Health & Fitness

I have decided that I need to try and look after myself, from a health and fitness perspective, a little better. 

I have struggled with energy levels ever since I can remember, and with me being a vegetarian for around three / four years now, I really am getting fed up with my utter lack of energy. I am hoping a bit of exercise, some extra vitamins and a more controlled diet will lift my spirits! 

Just a quick bit of background: I have never ever been 'fit', 'sporty' or even particularly healthy. I have always eaten what I wanted and carried a little weight around with me. If I lose weight with this then what a bonus that would be, but for me it's more about feeling good from within myself. 

So where have I started?

I bought some new trainers, and some new gym leggings. New gear is always a good gym motivation for me. I have really flat feet and it can get quite painful for my feet when I run so I am trying out the Nike Lunarglide+ 5 which I found in the outlet near to me - fingers crossed!


I have also started taking my Vitamin B tablets, and have bought some good old healthy food. This week I invested in some Quinoa, Kale, Sunflower seeds and other goodness to make a Warm Quinoa Salad (I added a few extras), (Recipe - http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1841634/warm-quinoa-salad-with-grilled-halloumi



So I think that is where I am up to at the moment. I am not going crazy. I am aiming to go to the gym twice a week. I did meet a friend for a (vege) burger and wine last night and that was lovely - I am trying to change my lifestyle one step at a time. I know that if I go in all at once, that I will fast get fed up and find myself in the freezer aisle grabbing my Ben & Jerrys! 

If you have any words of advice, please by all means pass them on! :-) 

You can find me on instagram  http://instagram.com/aprilhannahblogs/



No comments:

Post a Comment