This is the result of reading Deliciously Ella's website on the way to work - I got some inspiration, did a super quick shop on my way home, and the result was that good - I had to share!
This is by no means an exhaustive recipe - I made it up as I went along, but I hope you get the jist so you can enjoy this too.
What You Will Need
1 small Butternut Squash - shaved and diced
1 Red Onion - chopped
1 Vegetable Stock Cube
450 - 500ml boiling water
1 tablespoon Honey
100g Quinoa and Buckwheat Mix (Tesco do a great mixed bag)
- First preheat the oven to 200 degrees. Then put the diced Butternut Squash and Onion into a roasting tray and cover this with Olive Oil and Honey - now stick this in the oven for roughly 30 mins or until soft.
- Boil the water and mix in a stock cube, leave or stir until fully dissolved. Soak your Quinoa mix in a pan of cold water and mix - this is to wash the chalky taste away. Drain away the cold water.
- Pour the Vegetable Stock water and the drained Quinoa mix into a pan and leave this to simmer for 15 mins or until the water has been absorbed.
- Cook the broccoli - I had a ready made packet which I just cooked in the microwave.
- When everything is cooked, mix together and enjoy!
Simply, so healthy and filling. The great thing about Quinoa is it will last for a few days, so enjoy the left overs too!